Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Once you have found a potential mold infestation in your Costa Mesa home or business, what do you do next? Due to the nature of mold, it can spread very quickly and some mold can also be hazardous to people present on your property. In most cases, a mold infestation means that you have an underlying water issue present, as mold needs water to grow and spread.
When you call our SERVPRO of Costa Mesa team, we arrived prepared to inspect your potential mold infestation and take the necessary steps to remediate it as quickly as possible. As mold grows and spreads, it quickly causes a lot of damage that can be irreversible. Calling our SERVPRO team as quickly as possible is important to prevent any further damage to your property!
Down below we have listed some do's and don'ts with mold. Take a second to review our tips to learn more about what you can do until help arrives!
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (949) 566-8887
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Costa Mesa for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Costa Mesa has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Costa Mesa
- Downtown Costa Mesa
- Mesa Verde
- College Park
- South Coast Metro
- Wimbledon Village
- Fairview Park